Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Oreo Turkeys

My sweet girl LOVES taking snacks to preschool, especially if it involves a project! While browsing Pinterest together we found a few snacks that would work, but settled on these "so cool" turkeys.

To construct your own you'll need:
Oreos
orange Tic Tacs
stick pretzels
candy corn
frosting (red, black, white, and brown)

I started by separating the Oreos and sticking the feathers (candy corn) and legs (pretzels) on the frosting side.


 On the opposite side of the cookie (the side without frosting) place a good size dollop of frosting.  I used chocolate to blend in with the cookie color, just in case it came out the sides


put the cookie back together.


Make the face using a Rolo, Tic Tac and frosting.  After this picture I took a tiny end frosting tip and put a black dot in the middle of the eye.


using the brown frosting attach the head to the body.



the legs are a little long and wonky, but my dear K was satisfied with the outcome so I left hers be.  I did however fix mine- and failed to take a pic. ;)

This was a super easy/kid friendly project that would be great as a favor at Thanksgiving dinner, so I definitely be making more in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment